WiFi has become a critical component to every home worldwide. eero, an Amazon Company, is the first product to deliver a whole home WiFi experience using mesh technology to make sure you never have to worry about connectivity ever again. We believe customers deserve the best connectivity and smart home experience possible. To find out more about eero, please visit eero.com.
About the role
We are scaling our ISP team and are looking for a motivated software architect to help us build word-class software. We're looking for experienced software engineers who have led projects building scalable, highly available, and secure systems. You will be considered a technical leader on the team, working efficiently and routinely delivering solutions to complex and ambiguous problems.
What you'll do
• Design and develop services that handle billions of requests each day from eero devices, mobile apps, and internal tools
• Lead projects and collaborate across engineering, product, and design to shape our product vision
• Enhance and optimize existing services to improve reliability, scalability, and flexibility
• Provide mentorship to other cloud engineers and help change development processes to increase developer productivity and project predictability.
• 5+ years of building highly scalable systems
• 5+ years experience in a modern language such as Scala, Java, Python, C++, or similar languages
• Solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, software design, algorithms, maintainability, and distributed systems
• Skilled and experienced in developing across the entire development stack, solving significant technical challenges: scalability, latency, and reliability
• Have experience with one or more of: Scala, Akka, Play framework, Postgres, or Distributed systems
• Proficiency with JVM languages such as Java or Scala
• You can drive technical architecture discussions and help inform decisions
• Experience with service-oriented architectures and web application/API development
• Experience writing technical specifications and documentation