Sr. Software Development Engineer, EC2 Software Defined Networking
- Seattle, WA
Are you passionate about Software Defined Networking technologies? Do you want to make an impact to help AWS build advanced networking virtualization services to power massive scale of work loads for our customers?
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) has been growing rapidly to support customer demands. Those new cloud services have presented new challenges to networking for better flexibility, programmability and scalability. It is certainly an exciting area to fulfill your passion and show your impact. We are part of AWS EC2 core networking , and are responsible of distributing all customer VPC Control Plane data to Data Plane efficiently, including Amazon retail services which you do online shopping with.
If you are a Software Engineer with strong coding skills on Linux and enjoys network programming to power up distributed systems, then this is a great opportunity for you to exercise your skills and learn new technologies. You will join an agile team of talented engineers who share passions for networking. You will be working on research and development in cutting edge networking virtualization and help us advance EC2 networking to power AWS cloud services for millions of customers.
You will work with technical leaders to refine our technical direction, and own design, implementation, and operation of one of the largest distributed systems in the world, the backbone which supports all AWS services. You will work closely with a tight, agile team that ships features continuously, and you will be able to see the impact of your work on real customers.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
• 7+ years professional experience in software development
• Experience with Linux networking stack and TCP/IP protocols
• Experience with enterprise scale distributed systems
• Scripting (Perl Ruby/Python/Shell script)
• Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Experience developing complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experiencing mentoring junior software development engineers and driving engineering excellence
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top