Sr. Software Development Engineer
Our software developers build the next generation technologies that change how millions of AWS customers connect, and interact with AWS services ecosystem. We use ideas from every facet of computer science including distributed computing, large-scale design, service oriented architecture, networking, big data processing, data storage, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. We are looking for highly-motivated and passionate engineers to build our next generation of enterprise network provisioning management, control plane and storage systems for one of the largest networks in the world.
As a full stack, staff software engineer, you will be solving unique distributed computing and customer centric workflow automation challenges. Enterprise level network management services have unprecedented scale and availability requirements.
In this position, you will lead the software development of large-scale distributed enterprise systems from the ground up. Java, Python and other languages, along with open source technologies like Apache, RabittMQ, Celery, Redis, HTTP/REST services, and Amazon proprietary technologies will be utilized. Solving for fault tolerance, capacity planning, disaster recovery and prevention are critical to this role.
You will design and implement brand new software products and distributed applications providing highly usable and intuitive interfaces allowing flawless management of Amazon's network world wide. As a member of Software organization, you will have the opportunity to work with exceptional team members and be directly involved in growing and mentoring other engineers.
- Design and develop enterprise level network management systems for one of the largest networks.
- Design and develop solutions that are fast, always available and operate flawlessly at large-scale
- Design and implement software abstractions supporting automated access to the network
- Collaborate with customers to design and implement next generation data center networks, including the distributed control plane deployment & provisioning system.
- Mentor other engineers on all aspects of the software engineering vocation.
Join us in our mission as we revolutionize software development for networking at scale.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of professional experience building software applications with focus back-end components required
- Proven software development skills, preferably in Java, C/C++, Python and/or Perl in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and network protocols
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data-structures and algorithms
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design and system architecture
- Adept problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Full Stack Engineer with experience in taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers at scale.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers in all aspects of their engineering skill sets.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, product strategy and influence outcomes in technical decision-making.
- Knowledge of major protocols, topology design, network hardware and device configuration.
- Knowledge of web technology and best practices around front-end architecture using open source frameworks such as React/Angular a plus.
- Solid understanding of performance and efficiency with a strong customer focus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top