Do you enjoy solving complex problems with simple solutions? Would you like to help us innovate on behalf of Amazon's Digital and Device customers? Device, Digital and Alexa Support (D2AS) technology organization is seeking an experienced software development engineer to join the engineering team. The D2AS vision is to create innovative support experiences for customers of Amazon's devices and digital products, through intelligent self-service solutions and enabling our tech-support organization with tools and technology. The job will give you direct experience building software included on the Amazon Echo, Amazon Fire, and Amazon mobile apps, helping millions on customers around the world.
As a senior software development engineer, you will :
- Solve large scale and difficult engineering problems with elegant and practical code.
- Work across teams to help define engineering best practices and standard, and provide technical mentorship to other members of the engineering teams.
- Be a champion for the customer and ensuring their needs always come first.
- Design and build software for mobile, front end clients and server systems.
- Industry-leading technical abilities showcasing a breadth and depth of technical knowledge
- The ability to build good working relationships within the team by communicating clearly both verbally and in writing
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills with the ability to come up with creative solutions to seemingly impossible engineering problems
- Effective technical leadership skills to improve technologies and infrastructure of the team.
- A passion to work with smart home devices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 6+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures & algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as JAVA, C++, Java, or Perl
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience building large scale, cross-team software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project, with collaboration with multiple engineering teams
- Ability to advocate for new use cases and engineering solutions to solve critical problems in business
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties.
- Experience working with consumer smart home devices.
- Experience with iOS and Android development