Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Interested in working with the latest technology in the cloud computing space?
The Amazon People Engine team is building cutting edge solutions to enable employees and managers to self-serve changes across all human resource processes.
Join us in building an innovative technology using Amazon Web Services to meet the complex and unique demands of managing more than 2,000,000 employees globally; onboarding more than 100,000 employees in four weeks. We dive deep to insist on the highest standards in architecture, coding, testing, deploying and maintaining every aspect of our offerings.
If you're thrilled by the idea of ownership, passionate about creating new platforms, features and services from scratch and comfortable with the pace of a company shipping software in cycles measured in weeks not years, we would love to connect with you.
We are looking for developers with strong computer science fundamentals, including UX design, data structures, object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis. If you have a track record of designing and building scalable, complex solutions across distributed systems in an agile environment, we want to talk to you.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 7+ years professional experience in software development
• Proficiency in a modern programming language such as Java, C++, or Python
• Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with designing and building large-scale web services
• Experience with service-oriented architecture
• Experience with supporting mission-critical, 24x7 systems
• Proven results and a history of project delivery
• Experience working with Agile engineering practices
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top