Sr. Software Development Engineer - Datapath
- Burlington, KY
Do you have a passion for programming languages? Do you want to work on cutting-edge, Amazon-scale serverless technologies and enable the next level of productivity for thousands of software developers?
We are looking for software engineers to join the growing Datapath organization who will define and drive the next generation of Datapath language. Our goal is to combine power of modern programming languages with low-latency, high throughput Datapath runtime, enable safe and efficient execution in the shared environment.
Datapath is a foundational platform that is core to Amazon's eCommerce business. Datapath combines data and business logic authored by hundreds of teams across Amazon, and executes it millions of times per second in real-time. Amazon customers using Kindle, Prime, Instant Video, Fulfillment, and Shopping online depend on a highly available service backend provided by the Datapath platform.
As a software development engineer, you will be working backwards from your customers, influence the Datapath Language design, strategy, underlying technology choices to enable it. You will build the foundational software that interprets, compiles, and optimizes code for parallel and asynchronous execution, fast and efficient data access.
• BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 8+ years experience as a Software Engineer responsible for software architecture and technical design.
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, such as Java, Python, C/C++, or C#.
• Experience as a technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle, from inception to delivery.
• Experience designing a programming language.
• experience building software development tools, such as IDE plugins, debuggers, compilers, static code analysis.
• Experience with distributed systems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top