"In addition to being a earth's most customer-centric company, Amazon will commit to being Earth's Best Employer and Earth's Safest Place to Work" -- Jeff Bezos
Within AET (Amazonian Experience and Technology), we take pride in making that vision a reality. We are responsible for technology that runs Amazon's human capital management, including the business applications for payroll, benefits, time and attendance, disability and leaves, hiring, immigration, learning, health and safety. We power the HR contact center, who supports millions of Amazonians across 62 countries speaking 30+ languages. Simply put, our mission is to make Amazon "Earth's Best Employer and Earth's Safest Place to Work".
In this role you will:
- Set architecture directions and designs for solutions that touches each one of the Amazon Employee and making their life better on or off work.
- Simplify solutions that empower how each Amazon Employee understand, elect and enjoy benefits.
- Lead the design of new features and initiatives across the organization
- Make tools predictive, prescriptive and intuitive to remove frustration for making benefits decisions.
- Work with Principal Engineers to build patterns, frameworks, platforms and services that cohesively vend HR services across domains.
- Provide personalized, contextual and empathizing systems and process in dealing with HR service needs, be for daily needs (attendance) or life-events (I'm getting married)
- Sense the need and provide clear, concise, and decisive self-serve steps without having to wait.
- Make solutions that can scale across 60+ countries, with various levels of regulatory and compliance guidance.
- Invent, Develop, Integrate and Migrate existing technologies to deliver the great Amazon experience
- Extend and Customize the Amazon Platforms that meets our new customer needs
- Identify Problems and Develop Solutions on behalf of our customers (employees).
- Seed the native AWS solutions that can power any enterprise
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience.
- 3+ years' experience building cloud services on AWS.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- 3+ years' experience working in teams following Agile methodology
- Hands-on experience with AWS (S3, SQS, large-scale web services, and serverless applications, API Gateway, Lambda functions, Route53, CloudFront) is a great plus.
- Hands-on expertise across disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end software systems and all points in between.
- Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.