CloudFront is looking for experienced Software Development Engineers to help develop, deliver, and operate cutting-edge features both to delight our customers and to help CloudFront continue to scale to ever increasing heights. The CloudFront Control team is at the intersection of CloudFront core services and customer-facing APIs. Thus, there is the need and opportunity to impact both. Work on projects that will transform how people produce and consume content in the cloud. Help us build a world where all the computing power and contents in the cloud perform as if they are right next to the customer.
CloudFront is part of Edge Services, with a mission to bring the Internet closer to end users, speeding up their overall experience. Edge Services provides highly available, low-latency, and scalable platform capabilities: CloudFront for content delivery network (CDN); Route 53 for domain name service (DNS); and Shield for anti-DDoS detection and mitigation systems.
This is an opportunity to design, build and operate a better and secure Internet.
Why should you join us?
• It's rare to work in a job that will have direct effect on billions of individuals. The software and systems you build are leveraged by companies of all sizes. From small startups up to Fortune 500 companies that have millions of individuals interact with their offerings. Each second or millisecond saved per transaction results in millions or billions saved for some enterprises.
• We care about both delighting customers and building high quality software.
• We offer a start-up atmosphere. We ship code every day.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of Internet protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP, and UDP
• Proficiency with object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
• Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
• Familiarity with the Linux development environment
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.