How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team solving connectivity problems at global scale through innovative technologies? Our Device Connectivity team, within Amazon's Device organization Lab126, is looking for a self-motivated and talented Sr. SDE to join our fast paced, start-up environment to help invent the future connectivity solution for homes and enterprises.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Echo Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
We are looking for a senior Cloud Software Engineer for Connectivity team who has experience building innovative, mission critical software features. We want to raise the bar with someone who can extend, enhance and challenge our current experience level. You will have an opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and development of consumer products.
- Write high quality distributed system software for large scale applications.
- Work with product management and cross functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences.
- Work with other team members to architect and design approaches.
- Prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Take ownership of large components.
- Drive best practices and engineering excellence.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar degree, or comparable work experience.
- Experience with with AWS Big Data technologies such as AWS EMR, AWS Glue and Kinesis is a big plus.
- 4+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Python, Java or Golang including object-oriented design in product-level software development.
- 3+ years experience with continuous integration, automated unit testing and integration testing.
- 3+ years experience with Agile and various process implementations.
- Familiarity with AWS and have built apps leveraging its offerings (S3, SNS/SQS, DynamoDB, EC2, Kinesis, Cloud Formations, etc.).
- Experience designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience in products for wireless networks is a plus.