SR SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Retail Pricing teams build the platform, products, and algorithms responsible for the optimization of retail prices on Amazon. Our retail customers depend on us to give them access to every product at the best possible price. Our sellers depend on us to give them a platform to launch their business into every home and marketplace.
Software Development Engineers (SDEs) at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end-to-end, and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world.
At Amazon, an SDE can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. Coming to Amazon gives you the opportunity to work on a small development team in one of our many organizations.
In this role, you will
• Lead architectural and design sessions
• Influence technical and business strategy
• Mentor junior team members and drive engineering best practices
• Propose, design, and build innovative tools and frameworks that are used by the engineering community at Amazon
• Ensure the team ships well-tested software that is easy to maintain and extend over the long term
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• 8 or more years' experience in software development
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent work experience
• Experience with object oriented programming including Java, C++, C#, or C
• Multi-threaded programming experience
• Strong grasp of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Cassandra or other Big Data processing platforms
• Database design experience (SQL/NoSQL)
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers and had high impact
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
Back to top