Sr. Software Development Engineer
We are a motley group of engineers and scientists within AWS and we are here to create history by taking Artificial Intelligence to the next level solutions for our customers. We dream of a world where using customers can scale up their business by using Artificial Intelligence by simple button clicks, rather than writing thousands of lines of code for months. We pride our startup culture and we like our nerf guns in office.
We are putting together a brand new team focused on Natural Language Processing to build and launch a new AWS service based on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. We are looking for rockstar engineers to join us in the fun and breaking the ground on a very tough set of speech problems. You will get a chance to work with some of the smartest people in the field, and there are countless opportunities to learn more about speech and text AI, limited only by your appetite. You will be working shoulder to shoulder with ML scientists. We will together be building super large scale distributed speech and text based AI NLP solutions, and you will get a chance to be one of founding members of the team.
A successful senior engineer on the team will be a strong leader, have strong ownership, bias for action, good communication, ability to dive deep into unseen codebases with ease, experience with building enterprise grade distributed solutions at scale and operating them in production. You will be responsible of formulating strategy, leading large and ambiguous design, responsible for reviewing and pushing the design decisions downstream and help other engineers grow in their careers.
Your responsibility will include:
- Partnering with ML scientists to build and productionize the ML speech models.
- Design the core functionality of large and complex systems running at AWS scale to be used by large number of customers.
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Be very hands-on; work with others on the engineering team to manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
- Delivery quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with management and the development team in bringing in new technologies.
Candidate must be able to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities. Work with engineering teams to design and optimize a wide variety of development projects using a variety of development tools and practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of distributed systems experience
- 2+ years of Machine Learning expereience
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science
- 5+ years of relevant software development experiecne
- Experience with deep learning systems will be a big plus.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top