Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Munich, Germany
Want to democratize AI? Want to empower developers to build the next generation of applications, powered by AI? Do you want to build the operating system of Artificial Intelligence? If the answer is yes - read on!
We are looking for an experienced software developer to contribute to development at the forefront of cutting edge machine learning.
If you are passionate about new technology trends in machine learning, cloud services and believe that state-of-the-art product is critical to customer success we would like to talk to you.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn and use advanced technologies
• Collaborate with internal engineering teams, leading technology companies around the world and open source community
• Develop Deep Learning tools and APIs
• Create innovative products, and see them launched in high volume production
As member of Amazon CodeGuru engineering team, you will be working with cross-functional teams, customers and open source community to build ML based DevOps solutions that help developers and AWS custmers around the world to identify & optimize their most expensive line of code.
This position within the CodeGuru team presents a unique and rare opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies, and get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business shaping the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, an ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, ability to hire and lead a team, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, fun environment to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of professional software development experience
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C++, Java, or Python.
• Strong computer science fundamentals - data structures, algorithms design, complexity analysis, operating systems etc.
• Object-oriented design proficiency
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team. Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience building and deploying machine learning models
• Experience designing and deploying Big Data pipelines with tools such as Hadoop, Spark or MapReduce.
• Experience with R or Python programming languages
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top