Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you've come to the right place.
We are responsible for end to end processing of impressions, views, and clicks as well as video interaction events or rich media events in ads. We are applying the latest machine learning and big data technologies available on terabytes of data a day (over 30B new events per day) operating Petabyte size clusters. Our data must always be the fastest, most high fidelity data as it is both billable, critical to checking the heartbeat of a campaign and changes to made to the campaigns while in flight, and part of the measure of success for a campaign.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer that can combine open source technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark and Presto, as well as AWS services like EMR, Redshift, Kinesis and DynamoDB to build the next generation of our Traffic Ingestion and Application platform. You will be responsible for designing and developing software products that will provide measurement and reporting to a wide set of users across all of Amazon's advertising suite across display, search, native, and video on all devices.
Candidates for this position should have strong software engineering fundamentals as well as real-world experience. You will be able to demonstrate a variety of architectural approaches and design patterns and have a demonstrated competence in designing maintainable and scalable software written in a high-level language. You will show your ability to adapt to changing technical environments and devise creative solutions to vexing software problems. Candidates must have the ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, to engineers and executives.
Join the fast growing Amazon Ads business! Amazon is leveraging its highly unique data to change the way marketers purchase, track, measure, and optimize their advertising spend. You will encounter some of the toughest and most inspiring technical challenges of your career as you build petabyte-scale services, invent new big data paradigms, and scale for extreme growth.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Master's degree in Computer Science
• Experience in big data technologies (Hadoop, Hbase, Pig, Spark).
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience improving web latency in complex large scale deployments.
• Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products
• Experience mentoring and training other engineers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.