What will you do?
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for all aspects for product development. You will not only focus on design & coding of new algorithms, but you will also define the strategic direction for Transportation Optimization systems. You will own services that model Amazon's delivery capabilities and use network intelligence to optimize for the best possible customer experience while lowering costs. These are highly-available, low-latency services that scale horizontally and are critical part of planning and fulfillment of Amazon orders.
Who are we?
We help deliver millions of packages to customers worldwide faster and cheaper each day, while providing extraordinary customer experience from website search to doorstep delivery. Our systems handle more than a million of requests per second and make business decisions that impacts billions of dollars each year. With rapid expansion into new geographies, increasing complexity of the transportation network and expanding selection of products, the Transportation Optimization technology team has the opportunity to build software solutions that scale and propel the business through industry-leading technological innovations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field and at least 7 years work experience
• Experience implementing algorithms, tailored to particular business needs and tested on large data sets
• Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Experience in building and operating highly available services
• Experience in developing and deploying for global customer segments
• Deep knowledge of cloud storage and compute stack in AWS or equivalent