Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The AWS Fleet Telemetry Team, is part of AWS Engineering that designs the worlds most innovative compute and storage platforms that enable one of the worlds largest infrastructure as a service (Iaas) offerings.
As an Engineer of the Development Team you will create, deploy and maintain autonomous monitoring agents and micro-services at scale. You will create software that autonomously mines big data, extracts trends from disparate data sources, identifies unhealthy hosts before they impact compute or storage capacity, issues health diagnoses, and autonomously remediate the identified problems. Good health begins from the day our products are born. You will also be responsible for leading your team to design and develop software that ensures every server in the AWS fleet is built, configured and performing according to its design specification from the time it is placed into service until the time it is retired. Your software must be unobtrusive, efficient, and scalable. You will utilize one of the worlds most dependable, easy-to-use and most performant BigData platforms to innovate and develop your hardware immune system. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies. You will play a key role in building software capabilities and features from the ground up. You will develop software using wide range of programming languages, systems, tools and techmologies etc. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software lifecycle (e.g design, development, testing and deployment/operation). You will always be encouraged to explore your own ideas and get the opportunity to delight Amazon customers with your direct contribution.
Our systems run 24/7, in the harshest environments, and serve more than a million customers each day who demand performance, even when the toughest compute workloads are considered. The health of our infrastructure is our top priority. We're looking for technology leaders that can help us build these systems, solve really tough operational problems and suggest new, innovative, ways to keep AWS hardware in tip-top shape.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of software architecture and development experience
• Proficiency in, at least, one programming language such as Java, Python
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategyAbility to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experiencing mentoring junior software development engineers and driving engineering excellence
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in AWS Services
• Basic understanding of standard internet protocols or understanding of how commodity servers, operating systems and networks function, perform and scale
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top