The AWS Database AI & Analytics team is looking for experienced senior engineers who are passionate about building large scale distributed systems.
Our team is building new services and managed solutions in the big data analytics and observability space. We are looking for engineers who are enthusiastic about data streaming and data analytics, and are passionate about solving real customers' business needs, at AWS scale.
As a senior engineer on the team, you will work closely with the engineering staff, scientists, product managers, and designers across the team, as well as interact directly with customers. You will play a key role in defining the technology strategies to our product, and are a technical leader and force-multiplier in the team. You will have the unique opportunity to build, influence, and shape new AWS analytics services from the ground up.
Our ideal candidate is:
• Passionate about building large scale distributed systems
• Goal-oriented and results-drive; thrives in a culture of ownership, delivery, and bias for action
• Enthusiastic about working on real-world challenges, and can deliver on ambiguous problems while handling real-world constraints.
• Advocate for industry best-practices to produce reliable, fault-tolerant, and dependable code
• Enjoys working in fast-paced environments, and communicates well with a cross-disciplinary team
• Translate functional and technical requirements into technology strategies and solutions
• Lead and take ownership of team's software architecture
• Drive architectural and system design reviews; providing system-wide views and design guidance to other engineers.
• Drive engineering best practices, including security, quality, and operational excellence
• Mentors other engineers, define our technical culture, and help build a fast-growing team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar field.
• 5+ years of professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, and system design.
• Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing.
• Experience working with AWS services, particularly big data technologies such as EMR, Glue, and Kinesis
• Working knowledge of big data technologies or big-data processing engines, such as Apache Flink, Apache Spark, etc.
• Ability to drive discussions, and reach consensus from different view points
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
• Strong Communication skills
• Ability to mentor junior engineers and influence technical strategy and roadmap.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.