Sr Software Development Engineer
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them a fast paced, technologically sophisticated and friendly work environment.
The Economics team at Amazon works with senior management on key business problems faced in retail, international retail, supply chain, cloud computing, third party merchants, search, Kindle and operations. Amazon economists apply the frontier of economic thinking to market design, pricing, forecasting, online advertising, supply chain network planning and other areas.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will collaborate with economists, research scientists and SDEs across the company to drive a number of highly innovative and impactful solutions in the domain of big data, large scale enterprise systems and economics modeling.
Responsibilities include engaging internal and external customers and other program managers to identify new product opportunities, define & design product features, and working closely with economists and software development teams throughout Amazon to get them in the hands of customers. Successful applicants will have experience defining products, extensive experience in leading diverse, cross functional teams, and will meet a high technical bar. You will need to be a strong leader, able to communicate clearly and compelling at all levels of the company.
Come join our start-up culture, wear many hats, work fast and smart, while adapting and iterating quickly. We are looking for someone who is ready to roll-up their sleeves and join a tightly-knit team that is tackling a very interesting and challenging opportunity.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to drive an exciting new initiative on the team!
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, product development, and project management
- A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Master's degree
- 7+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry.
- Experience in supporting analytical systems.
- Background in math, economics or statistcis.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top