Alexa News keeps customers informed about the world around them by seamlessly integrating the news they want most into their everyday lives. We build news experiences across multiple devices, including the Echo Family, Fire TV, and Fire Tablet. These experiences touch every aspect of news, from lean-back ("Alexa, what's the news?") to specific questions ("Alexa, what's the latest with the election?"). Our teams work in a fast-paced environment with people who are passionate about our customers, experiences, and systems. As a member of the team, you should be able to learn new concepts quickly and feel at home in a new and constantly evolving space.
We are looking for passionate Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, applications that customers love. As a member of the team you will help with , implementation and launch of many key product features. You will have influence on defining product features, drive operational excellence, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
As a Software Developer on the team, you'll be responsible for taking on challenging technical and customer problems and building and maintaining quality products and systems. You should be able to build for the long-term, driving sound architectures and designing for stability of your systems, with the ability to evolve over time. You should be able to work with a variety of partners to help define our experiences and requirements, and work with your teammates to deliver delightful experiences to our customers. Additionally, you should have a strong sense of ownership, pushing for best practices and operational excellence and display a constant desire to learn and improve.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ year relevant work experience
• 7+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm , problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Programming experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++,
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch
• Proficiency with SQL, and SQL databases
• Understanding of storage and caching
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.