Sr. Software Development Engineer
Are you passionate about Software Defined Networking technologies? Do you want to make an impact to help AWS build advanced networking virtualization services to power massive scale of work loads for our customers?
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) has been growing rapidly to support customer demands. Those new cloud services have presented new challenges to networking for better flexibility, programmability and scalibility. It is certainly an exciting area to fulfill your passion and show your impact. We are part of AWS EC2 core networking , and are responsible of distributing all customer VPC Control Plane data to Data Plane efficiently, including Amazon retail services which you do online shopping with.
As a Sr. Software Development Engineer, you will join an agile team of talented engineers who have passions for networking. You will be working on research and development in cutting edge networking virtualization and help us advance EC2 networking to power AWS cloud services for millions of customers. You will work with technical leaders to refine our technical direction, and own design, implementation, and operation of one of the largest distributed systems in the world, the backbone which supports all AWS services. You will work closely with a tight, agile team that ships features continuously, and you will be able to see the impact of your work on real customers.
- Master degree in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years relevant work experience, or BS in Computer Science with 7+ years industry experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
- A minimum of 5 years of software development
- A minimum of 2 years designing and developing distributed cloud services
- Proficiency in developing objected-oriented software, with deep experience in one or more relevant languages (Java, C++, or C#)
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- strong cross-team collaboration
- passion for cutting edge networking technologies, drive, and ability to quickly learn new concepts
- Fluency in Java and experience with Linux
- Experience with Unix or Linux networking stack and TCP/IP protocols
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work well in a team
- Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Experience working in an agile software development organization
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top