We make it easy for customers to help protect their web applications from attacks by allowing them to configure rules that allow, block, or monitor (count) web requests based on conditions that they define. We also generate detection logic that helps automatically protect customers from bad actors and automated traffic to their applications. By supporting associations with CloudFront, Application Load Balancer, and API Gateway customers can protect their applications and resources whether all in on the cloud, maintaining on premise data centers, or using a hybrid cloud approach.
We build a highly available, low latency distributed system that allows customers to propagate changes worldwide in minutes to respond to active attacks in real-time. We're fully integrated with several others AWS Services to give customers the insight and control they need. We give customers the visibility they need to see which requests were blocked, allowed, or counted and what rule was matched on a given request. Customers can store their full WAF logs for compliance and auditing as well as use them for debugging and additional forensics. Using CloudFormation customers can automate the deployment of their WAF on the AWS cloud.
You will play a lead role on the team and influence how we design, develop, build, deploy and support AWS WAF. To be successful in the role, you must be able to research, innovate and create unique solutions. There is no precedent to follow in this problem space. You will be involved from inception to deployment and beyond. You'll interact with our customers, gathering requirements, designing, implementing, testing and supporting the product operationally; soup to nuts. You will be expected to use your technical background and have a significant impact on the direction of AWS WAF as well as new services and features that we develop in the future.
We own the direct customer experience as well as the per request processing of rules for CloudFront, API Gateway, and ALB. Not only do we build an AWS security service, but we're a customer of AWS using other AWS services to provide the solutions to our customers that scale and seamlessly integrate with their existing workflows. Engineers on our team get to solve some of the hardest computer science problems including building highly available distributed micro-services, global scaling across both AWS Regions and CloudFront edge locations, and processing millions of requests with single digit millisecond latency.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
• 7+ years software development experience
• Proven programming ability in Java, C/C++, and/or Python
• Deep understanding of object oriented design and development
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
• Experience working in Linux based environments
• Experience working on large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality systems
• Technical experience in networking or web application security
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.