Do you like building software from ground up? Do you want to revolutionize the way businesses develop, deploy and scale their business intelligence solutions on a large dataset using AWS cloud prowess?
Come and join the Amazon QuickSight in AWS we are always working on next wave of innovations which we strongly view it changing BI landscape. Amazon QuickSight is a fast, cloud-powered BI service that makes it easy to build visualizations, perform ad-hoc analysis, and quickly get business insights from your data. Using QuickSight, customers can easily connect to their data, perform advanced analysis, share and collaborate via dashboards and email reports. Amazon QuickSight also offers Super-fast, Parallel, In-memory Calculation Engine ("SPICE") and it is engineered to rapidly perform advanced calculations and serve data.
As more data is being generated in the cloud and tens of thousands of customers migrating their on-premises data into the AWS cloud, Amazon QuickSight is positioned to change the business analytics. Regardless of whether the data is in Files (desktop or S3), SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MariaDB), AWS data stores (Athena, RDS, RedShift, Aurora), or SaaS business applications (Salesforce, Twitter, etc.), Amazon QuickSight makes it easy for our customers analyze and get insights instantly. Our mission is to devise new, innovative ways to simplify data management and analysis and get insights fast, and let our customers focus more on running their business using those insights, and not worry about infrastructure management.
As a Sr. Software Dev Engineer in Amazon QuickSight, you will have opportunities to work on ambiguous and complex problems, which have product wide impact. You will have opportunities to influence both the team's technical and the product's business strategies. You will have opportunities to do cross-team collaboration and influence the overall technical architecture of the product. You will have opportunities to come up with new ideas and strategies (bottom up projects), and influence both the product and management to get them prioritized and execute.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
• 8+ years of software development experience in Java, C++, C# etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, OS and distributed systems.
• Proven track record of delivery
• Working knowledge of AWS services
• Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems.
• Experience with database systems, query optimization, and storage systems.
• Understanding of system performance and scaling.
• Possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.