Sr. Software Development Engineer - AWS Panorama
- Seattle, WA
Have you ever wanted to work on state of the art embedded devices that perform computer vision, natural language processing and applied machine learning that will make a lasting impact on society?
We recently announced AWS Panorama (https://aws.amazon.com/panorama) and AWS Panorama Appliance (https://aws.amazon.com/panorama/appliance/). We are looking for brilliant Software Development Engineers who have the passion to tackle tough problems by bringing cutting edge technologies to consumer IoT products at Amazon!
As an Software Development Engineer on the AWS Panorama Team, you will design and develop reliable, scalable, and high-performance embedded systems that help move computer vision and machine learning into new markets. You will be an integral member of the AWS Panorama team, responsible to design, develop and implement embedded software for AI devices ecosystem.
We are looking for talented and passionate Software Engineers to be part of an exciting team.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Master's Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of Experience with software development for embedded systems and/or Linux kernel and device drivers
• Experience with Multi Process , Multithreaded Linux system software and strong Linux fundamentals.
• Mainly C/C++ Coding skills with knowledge of object-oriented design.
• Experience designing secure IoT software for embedded Micro-controllers (ARM).
• Experience in integrating IoT systems with cloud computing/ AWS services.
• Experience with GPU's and Computer vision stack is a plus.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top