Sr. Software Development Engineer - AWS Identity And Directory Services
- Seattle, WA
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Interested in building the cloud? Want to improve AWS and delight are customers in surprising ways? Passionate about security, scalability, distributed systems or building multi-tenant systems? If you answer "yes" to any of the above question, you've found the perfect job!
Amazon Web Services is looking for passionate, experienced software developers to join us in building and improving AWS SSO. AWS SSO is looking to transform the way humans interact with AWS. We are looking for innovative ways to securely manage identities and govern access each identity is allowed.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing and distributed systems. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about security, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success. You will design and build the operational scalability that sustains the platform's exponential growth. You will measure your success and it will be visible.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the opportunity that AWS presents and about web services in general. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality solutions in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. If you're looking to solve challenging technical problems and create great products for customers, then we would like to talk to you.
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or relevant work experience)
• 1+ year developing software solutions in large scale (over 10,000 users) global environments
• Deep experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java and mastery of object-oriented design and programming
• Flexibility, thinking on your feet, and strong problem solving skills
• Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in an agile environment
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience developing or integrating federated identity solutions using SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect, Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services or similar.
• Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP and REST.
• Understanding of Identity Systems like LDAP and/or Active Directory
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures
• Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• 5+ years of working with large distributed systems
Back to top