Sr. Software Development Engineer - AWS Identity
- Herndon, VA
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses. It serves millions of customers, from startups to enterprises, in more than 190 countries and powers the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale.
The AWS Resource Management team is looking for an experienced Senior Software Development Engineer with a passion for building highly reliable and low latency services for use by all AWS Services and AWS customers to manage their AWS Resources. We are embarking on projects to create new systems to streamline AWS service integration with Identity services, and it's a great time to join and help shape and deliver on this strategy. Come be a part of defining how customers small and large will use and manage their AWS resources.
Responsibilities include engaging program/product managers and principal engineers to identify new product opportunities, define and design the service architecture, and lead the effort to build highly reliable and high-performance foundational services that offer the best in operational excellence.
Successful applicants will have experience defining service architecture, strong development skills and extensive experience in software design, development, testing and operations. They will also be excellent in working across functional teams, and will meet a high technical bar. They will need to be a strong leader, able to communicate clearly and inspire others around them, to influence and work with services across AWS.
Come join our start-up culture, wear many hats, work fast and smart, while adapting and iterating quickly. We are looking for someone who is ready to roll-up their sleeves and join a tightly-knit team that is tackling a very interesting and challenging opportunity.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Passionate about designing and developing simple solutions to complex, ambiguous problems
• Deep understanding of large distributed and online systems
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related fields
• Experience with very large distributed systems such as large-scale distributed database systems, storage farms, and/or horizontally scaled request processing fleets
• Development Expertise in OOP, Java, UNIX, Python, XML, Web services, and UNIX tools
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
• Ability to dive deep but never be out of touch with the details of the business
• Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top