Sr. Software Development Engineer - AWS Identity
- Seattle, WA
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) enables customers to secure their workloads in the cloud by providing authentication and authorization mechanisms. With the growth of AWS, the workloads and access pattern keep evolving demanding the next order of magnitude scalability. We are looking for engineering leaders to build the next generation functionality in this area. Individuals interested in this position should have experience in software engineering leadership position, building high-performing, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment in a fast-paced environment.
You must have an established background in building large distributed systems, strong technical skills, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. It is a highly technical space. You are a strong technical leader who effectively partners with other technical leaders in the team, understands the big picture, drives prioritization, builds consensus and rallies the team behind it. Responsibilities include providing technical leadership, driving architecture, design and implementation of complex components while maintaining an uncompromising bar on quality, and mentoring junior developers for software within the team. Additionally, as our organization is growing, helping with hiring top-notch engineers will be a plus.
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for the design and implementation of large-scale distributed systems as well as experience in taking such systems from design to production and operating at large scale
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 5+ years of experience as a software developer
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Masters or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience of working with identity domain
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional customer focus including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet ambitious timelines with optimal solutions
• Prior experience in defining, scoping and pitching the business and technical vision for a complicated area within a highly technical domain.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top