Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies.
AWS Data Services group provides rapidly growing, industry acclaimed cloud services in areas of big data platforms to data analytics to operational databases. The group is at the forefront of innovation in these areas producing world-class cloud services such as EMR to Redshift to RDS Aurora and many more.
AWS Glue is a fully managed service offering next-generation data management and transformation solution at the intersection of Serverless, FastData, ML and Analytics.
AWS Glue simplifies and automates the difficult and time consuming data discovery, conversion, mapping, and job scheduling tasks at massive scale.
Top reasons to join our team:
Be catalyst to deliver a truly disruptive product while it is in infancy state
Solve unique and first-order problems in areas of Big Data, Spark, Distributed Systems, Serverless and Machine Learning
Influence and build product that will leverage scale of resources to orchestrate data workflow
Be part of big data revolution in cloud
Grow leader in you to build revolutionary product
Passionate in building large scale distributed systems
Thrive in culture of ownership, delivery and bias for action
Fast pace environment energizes you to be at your best
Innovate and invent in agile and collaborative environment
Curious and eager to learn to expect more of you and others
Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture, design and extensible code
Be an advocate of industry best-practices to produce reliable, fault-torrent and dependable code
Code and test complex system modules; develop and leverage frameworks to be effective and efficient
Participate in architecture, design and code reviews to maintain our high development standards
Own system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
Collaborate and influence other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
* Mentor other engineers, defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 8+ years experience, in: software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support
• Deep understanding of distributed systems and web services technology
• Strong at applying data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design, to solve challenging problems
• Knowledge of one or more modern programming languages such as C/C++, C#, Java
• Passion and ability to debug, troubleshoot, and resolve highly complex performance and operational issues
• Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
• Experienced writing multi-threaded programs requiring concurrency and synchronization primitives
• Write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
• Experienced debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software
• Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
• Ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
• Possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
• Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems is a plus
• Experience with database systems internals, query optimization, and storage systems
• Experience with large-scale data analytics and data warehousing is a plus
• Experience with distributed streaming technologies such as Kafka, Kinesis and similar a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.