Sr Software Development Engineer, AWS Enterprise Engineering - Core Development
- Seattle, WA
The AWS Enterprise Engineering Core Development team is searching for a full stack software development engineers with experience in building highly scalable distributed systems. We leverage AWS technologies to operate on a global scale and deliver low-latency, highly-available services to enterprise customers. The AWS Enterprise Engineering organization is tackling new challenges: we are building products and solutions that can process millions of events per second in near real-time, improve security visibility, enforce compliance, and reduce operational cost via AWS-hosted services. We're looking for a developer who's self-driven, able to deal with ambiguity, passionate about giving customers the best possible experience, has strong CS fundamentals (i.e. data structures, algorithms, and problem solving), and is excited to innovating on highly scalable distributed systems problems in a fast moving, agile environment.
To succeed in this role, you should be incredibly customer focused, have a strong command of one of the programming language, must enjoy collaborating with teams across the company and take pleasure from delighting customers with high-quality development of products and solutions for improving security, availability, and operational excellence of cross-platform services at global scale. You should be excited to build on top of AWS services and comfortable learning new services and technologies such as DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, CloudWatch, and .NET Core. Interested? Intrigued? We would love to hear from you.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 3+ years of work experience or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 2+ year of work experience
• Experience with Windows and Linux platforms and a wide variety of .NET technologies, such as .NET Core
• Software development experience in C# or Java
• Experience working with Microsoft PowerShell and Desired State Configuration (DSC)
• Basic understanding of machine learning algorithms
• Familiarity and development experience with Web services technologies is a strong plus (e.g. HTTP, REST, XML, JSON, etc.)
• Experience working with agile methodologies such as scrum
• Experience with open-source development
• Experience with web development - AngularJS, REACT, TypeScript, and NodeJS
• Experience with Linux development is a plus
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles, functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top