Sr. Software Development Engineer - AWS Directory Services
- Seattle, WA
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We are looking for an enterprising senior software development engineer (SDE) to help build a fast growing engineering team to design, develop and launch large scale global AWS services. The AWS Identity team are pioneers in cloud identity access management, security and providing massively scaled, distributed platform capabilities to all of AWS services. AWS Directory Service (DS), a core offering of AWS Identity enables managed, scalable and highly available directory solutions for enterprise needs. We are growing rapidly, investing in exciting new capabilities to expand our solutions portfolio and need passionate engineering leaders to help build some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world.
As a Sr SDE, you will be a technical leader on the team. You will be expected to play a key role partnering with Principal Engineers in creating and driving the technical vision for the team that uses a wide range of technologies to deliver highly scalable and available services for direct customer consumption. You'll work on our hardest problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our growing business needs. You'll work with stakeholders across AWS to collaborate, design and launch new services and relish the impact your services will have on real customers. You will own ensuring your service can scale to support the AWS Windows workload story; integrating with multiple AWS services across all AWS regions. If this excites you, come join us in Seattle and help AWS continue to write the cloud computing story for the industry.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related fields
• Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, SOA, UNIX, middleware, and database systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to non-technical leaders
• Proven track record of designing and delivering large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality systems and software products.
• Deep knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Understanding of Identity Systems, LDAP, Microsoft AD a plus
• Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics.
• Experience using machine learning techniques a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top