AWS Cloud Map is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Vancouver to help us implementation of our vision of making Cloud Map one-stop shop for discovering all resources in the cloud. Today Cloud Map team owns highly available and scalable service discovery solution that allow customers to discover their resources at runtime, define custom names for resources, and maintain updated location of these dynamically changing resources. As a foundational service that our customers take critical dependency on, Cloud Map must guarantee low latencies, world-class "five nines" of availability, and serve millions of transactions per second.
We are looking for software engineers who who are passionate about solving complex problems and relish the challenge of operating complex and mission critical systems under extreme loads. Our systems manage hundreds of millions of records, and responds to millions of service requests per minute. Do you think you are up to the challenge?
As a successful candidate, you contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You really enjoy working in a fast paces environment and working closely with your peers in a group of very smart and talented engineers.
To learn more about AWS Cloud Map, visit https://aws.amazon.com/cloud-map/.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
• At least 7years' of non-internship professional software development experience.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
• At least 5years' experience designing, building, shipping, and maintaining production software as an engineer
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• MS in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.