Sr. Software Development Engineer - AWS, Amazon Redshift
- Dublin, Ireland
Want to make database history? Come and join the team that is building the most popular cloud data warehousing service in the world with tens of thousands of customers - Amazon Redshift. We are building the next generation data warehouse systems, creating an impact on its hundreds of thousands of users, and looking for top engineers to help shape the future.
Amazon Redshift is the leading, fully-managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse in the cloud. Using Amazon Redshift makes it simple and cost-effective to analyze all your data seamlessly.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer with Amazon Redshift, you will have the opportunity to invent, design and implement system architecture of AWS Redshift at Amazon scale. You take significant ownership on our overall strategy by helping define impactful product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product. You will work on the Redshift cloud platform to improve the technologies that orchestrate and manage Redshift clusters globally. You will build out automation of critical operational functions that ensure thousands of servers across all AWS regions worldwide operating at massive scale.
In this role you will dive into ambiguous problem spaces and meticulously distills out design choices, trade-offs, and priorities. You demonstrate exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. You are data and metric driven, and obsessively concerned about performance under resource constrained environments. You will mentor and inspire other engineers, participate in defining our technical culture, and help to build a fast-growing team.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. You will bring deep technical, networking and coding expertise with the ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in the industry leading cloud company to deliver a broad business impact.
Come, join us in reinventing database systems for the cloud!
• 6+ years of software development experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
• 4+ years of experience in building highly complex and scalable systems.
• 2+ years of proven track record in leading and owning complex projects from scoping requirements through launch and operations.
• Strong knowledge of OOD / OOP software engineering practices/standards.
• Produce high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain.
• Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience building large-scale distributed systems.
• Be highly innovative, flexible and self-directed.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience in debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
• Strong understanding of system (Linux & Unix) and application performance and scaling characteristics.
• Passionate about learning new technologies, frameworks and programming languages.
• Familiar with scripting languages such as Shell Scripting, Bash, Python or other.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
Explore all AWS Germany Senior Software Engineering roles available, meet our team members and get prepared for your interviews via link: https://awsseniorsoftwaregermany.splashthat.com/
Back to top