Are you ready to re-invent the world of Subscription and Discovery Boxes? Are you looking for an opportunity to define how customers discover exciting new products at Amazon? Join the Amazon Subscription Boxes team to help us build the next generation subscription/discovery box experience for our sellers and customers.
What is the business??
The Subscription box business is a $5 Bn opportunity across hundreds of new sellers outside Amazon and existing 800+ Marketplace sellers who have an eligible subscription product. Our goal is bring new selection to our 270MM+ customers including fun ways for them to discover new products through curation algorithms that we would build based on customer preferences.
Who are we?
The Amazon Subscription Boxes team has complete ownership of the software platform that powers the Subscription and Discovery Box experiences. Engineers in this team are engaged in solving hard engineering problems every day. We are obsessed with delivering software that is highly optimized and meets very high quality and performance bars.
Who are we looking for?
As a Sr.SDE in this team,
• You will be leading a team of highly motivated engineers, influencing the architecture to take the business to the next level in its evolution and creating the engineering culture.
• You will work with strong leaders who are inspiring, fun to work with and are super passionate to build a world class product. You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products.
• You are expected to be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment.
• You are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities. You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge, solid understanding of the operating system software, as well as knowledge of object oriented design principles.
• You should command the skill to communicate clearly and effectively. Sr.SDEs are expected to engage deeply with the end to end product lifecycle from defining product requirements, designing and implementing software, developing tests and maintaining it.
Come join us and help us make a difference in this space.
• 5+ years of professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language including object-oriented design
• 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience designing and building scalable systems with a strong customer focus.
• Experience leading software engineering teams to deliver large scale projects.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field and/or equivalent professional industry work experience & training
• MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• 7+ years of progressively responsible work experience
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Familiar with building secure software using modern security principles
• Experience in scaling and performance tuning of large systems