Sr. Software Development Engineer- Amazon Prime Video
- Santa Monica, CA
Want to change the way people watch TV? The Prime Video team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to offer customers the widest selection of digital video content and make it trivially easy for them to enjoy it wherever, whenever, and however they want. We operate in more than 200 countries, and we aspire to grow -- a lot. Within the Prime Video team, the Title Display Experience team relentlessly obsesses over simplifying a customer's viewing decision by presenting the most accurate and most relevant title information to them.
We are looking for a talented senior software development engineer who is eager to shine by designing and developing world-class solutions. The engineering candidate wants to have ownership of a domain to deliver meaning results to the customers. As an organization, we work hard to not only deliver results but invest in each team member's career and skill sets goals. Additionally, we encourage the use of new technologies when the technology provides a clear advantage. You are someone who can move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done. Senior SDEs at Amazon work on real world problems at scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts customers.
Successful candidates for this position will have a strong background in designing and developing world-class micro services in Java, C++, C#, Python, NodeJS or Ruby, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills both, the ability to multi-task across strategic deliverables, the ability to translate business requirements to engineering requirements, the ability adapt quickly to new environments and using creativity to solve difficult problems in a world-class engineering team.
Come be a part of green field initiative to create an impact in a fast growing area within Amazon.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
• At least one year of experience writing production code of increasing complexity
• Understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving, and object-oriented analysis and design
• Proficiency in at least one of the following: Java, C, C++, C#, NodeJS, Ruby, Python or other strong language
• Working knowledge of programming languages beyond Java, C or C++ (e.g. Ruby)
• Working knowledge of databases, service-oriented architectures, and highly-scaled distributed systems
• Meets/exceeds written and verbal communication
• Relentless customer focus
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience with high throughput cloud systems
• Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
• Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top