Sr. Software Development Engineer (Amazon Music)
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to have a hand in building a groundbreaking and highly visible new listening experience for millions of customers? As a member of the Amazon Music team, you will be responsible for leading the effort to extend and improve the ways that customers experience music in Amazon Music Unlimited and Prime Music on our voice and visual clients. You will imagine new types of content, create new scalable systems, devise algorithms to pick the perfect content and tracks to play, leverage the latest audio libraries and codecs to render a seamless experience, and work across teams to architect lasting solutions.
The ideal candidate is interested in being part of a nimble team, passionate about innovating for customers, and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. The person has an attention to detail to deliver solutions that delight customers.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Proven ability to design and implement complex software systems
• A track record of building complex, reliable, and scalable software in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
• Experience with Machine Learning and Natural Language Understanding.
• Experience with iterative, agile development methodologies (including scrum)
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Knowledge of best practices for software development.
• Passion for music.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top