Sr. Software Development Engineer, Amazon Maps
- Austin, TX
Amazon's delivery , Amazon Flex, aims to delight customers by delivering millions of packages faster than ever before. We are expanding our service rapidly to new geographies and products from groceries to big-screen TVs in an increasingly complex network. With Prime Now, Prime members can skip a trip to the store by shopping on the Prime Now app for products like paper towels, shampoo, books, toys and batteries with orders delivered right to their door in an hour or less. With Amazon Flex, people can be their own boss, delivering ultra-fast Prime Now and Restaurant orders. Both Amazon Flex and delivery experience of Prime Now are powered by the Amazon Flex App, which is available on iOS and Android. The Amazon Flex App works in concert with our advanced systems and technology. The Amazon Flex App and technology will allow the delivery partner to onboard, schedule delivery times in advance or on demand, guide them through their deliveries with in-app mapping and navigation, and more. You can find out more about Amazon Flex, our newest delivery innovation, at flex.amazon.com. Come join the team and help us make history!
Our Technology group is responsible for designing and implementing software that makes the delivery of these items possible in one hour or less. We are building software that predicts, plans, schedules, routes and executes on the speedy delivery promise in a cost effective manner. You will learn about real-time adaptive solutions, routing and navigation algorithms and its optimizations, operating on large scale datasets, mobile development and more. We are looking for talented SDEs to design and build these new systems.
Our engineers are top-notch software developers who love listening to the customers, working as a team, and proactively taking the lead whenever necessary. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and delivering software solutions for the new program. In this role, you will have an opportunity to own design and development of key parts of services. You will have influence on subsystem design and help build a team culture around practices that are critical to a quality .
Your work would be cross-functional involving partnering with other teams in Amazon, including operation, fulfillment, IT, and finance teams. We are looking for someone with a go-getter attitude who is ready to own a problem and passionately drive successful implementation. We want someone who is a quick learner and ready to learn and adopt the latest techniques in computer science.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
• Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against schedules.
• Will establish architectural parameters, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Experience in working with geographic data and routing/navigation systems
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software features, and technical designs.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top