We're reinventing the new hire experience at Amazon. Would you like to join us? Our team owns Embark a tool that is Amazon's one-stop-shop for all things on-boarding. We're looking for a talented Software Development Engineer who's excited to help us improve the new hire experience at Amazon. Our team has a highly collaborative, fast moving, and fun culture. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of a variety of core product features, designing the system architecture, and promoting code quality and best practices. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience, takes pride in building high quality software, and has a demonstrable track record of successfully delivering new features and products. They value collaboration, making data-driven decisions, and can comfortably communicate with others, in both technical and non-technical roles.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Excellent written communication skills (writing sample required).
• 5+ years architecting software solutions on AWS.
• 3+ years experience with Docker containers.
• 2+ years experience with big data technologies such as Map Reduce, Hive, or Spark and SQL.
• Familiar with web standards and protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, and socket APIs in general.
• Familiar with network security on AWS such as VPCs, gateways.
• An understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience in mobile application development.
• 5+ years experience managing development teams as a technical software development manager or lead.
• Documented contributions to one or more Open Source projects, or holds a PhD with publication record.
• Experience with Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, and NPM.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience in communicating with users, UX designers, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.