Sr. Software Development Engineer, Alexa Speech
- Glendale, CA
Are you customer-obsessed and interested in Speech and Language Understanding? Do you find creating cutting-edge voice control in the automotive market exciting? If so, the Alexa team is looking for a talented engineer to help revolutionize our voice-forward experience. Alexa is the Amazon service that powers the groundbreaking Echo family of devices, Fire TV, tablets, third party Alexa providers, and soon, cars! We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
You've found the right team if you are a passionate software engineer with experience building innovative, mission critical applications that customers love. You will help to kick-start a new organization in Toronto and have an enormous opportunity to make an impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
We're working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• 6+ years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation
• 4+ years of experience designing and developing large-scale, multi-tiered, embedded or distributed software applications, tools, systems, and services using: C++, C#, or Java/Python
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
• Solid expertise in data structures and algorithms
• Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
• Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• Experience writing secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Back to top