Sr. Software Development Engineer | Alexa Smart Home
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with the home and is fundamental to enabling the dream of the smart, connected home.
You will be part of a team that is delivering features that are highly anticipated by media and well received by our customers.
We are seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer for the Alexa Smart Device Services team to design and implement highly-visible core infrastructure that manages all internal and third-party smart devices with respect to device state and control. These systems are the underlying foundation to upcoming and future innovation.
Some info about this opportunity and our team:
- The changes we make directly impact the customer experience usage of smart devices.
- This is a highly visible role, operating with many technical leaders and product managers across Amazon Alexa – with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
- You will design and deliver solutions to highly ambiguous challenges that help shape the future technology around how customers interact with smart devices
- You will recruit, hire, and develop the industry's top engineering talent.
- This is a great position for someone who likes backend development, Amazon Web Services, and Service-Oriented Architecture.
- We're looking for candidates that have acted as a technical leader and built high-performance, scalable and robust systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment.
The Senior Software Development Engineer will:
- Solve complex architecture and business problems in an extensible and simplified way
- Define and influence technical strategy and software architecture
- Innovate on and expand distributed systems
- Apply core software engineering skills daily – such as coding in Java, OO and systems design, and problem solving – while utilizing advanced algorithmic and analytical skills
- Be involved in a multitude of diverse technologies and software engineering models that are used in Service Oriented Architecture
- Mentor other developers on the team or across teams
The ideal candidate has a track record of launching projects with Java/C#, C++, Perl, and distributed computing technologies on a Linux platform as well as deep expertise in mobile application platforms.
- 10+ years of professional experience in software development/engineering
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving, and object-oriented analysis and design
- Technical experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Experience in at least one of the following: Java, C, C++, C#
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience developing APIs and SDKs
- Experience developing on-device software
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to device software and all points in between
- Master's Degree/PhD in Computer Science or related field
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top