Sr Software Development Engineer- Alexa Shopping
- Bucharest, Romania
Our Alexa Product Advisor vision is to provide the best possible answers for a wide range of questions around product. Our customers ask various questions to Alexa regarding products, and not all the time we can find an answer in our knowledge sources. Our team works to build mechanism to get answers from the Amazon community where none existed. The role is to build this trail blazing feature to be able to complete a customers request for information even if we failed at the first attempt. We have machine learning models to understand the customer's request, then mechanism to go out seek and render the best possible answer to the customer. We think big, and any mechanism to go and search for a answer can be expanded to multiple use cases and knowledge sources, to bring the best experience for Alexa product answering. We are building various deep learning models to achieve the above goals. We also have a front end experience to enable customer to also search for the answers in our community. With a mix of back end, machine learning models and UX experience in the team, it provides a full stack experience for you to use your creativity to build an 'Amazon' experience!
As a Sr. SDE, you will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product. If you have a flair for innovation and passion for solving some of the most challenging problems in the industry.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Good to have experience with science models deployment, build and measurements.
• Familiarity with machine learning basics could be helpful.
• MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience building developer facing products and services
• Experience building frameworks for creating applications on various platforms
• Experience with natural language understanding models and deployment.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Back to top