Sr. Software Development Engineer, Alexa AI, Seattle
- Seattle, WA
Interested in Machine Learning? How about Amazon Alexa, Language and Multi-Modal Understanding? Do you aspire to build enduring, and intuitive ML services and tools for Alexa skill developers, linguists, and research scientists? Are you interested in solving petabyte-scale distributed data processing, and ML workflow automation problems? Are you excited by the opportunity to operationalize science advancements that make conversational AI more natural across all languages and regions that Alexa serves? Do you have a desire to invent and raise the bar on preserving customer trust? Are you curious as to how we can make autonomous learning a reality? We're building the machine learning platform behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
- Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against tight deadlines.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 5+ years of industry experience.
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• Experience in design.
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience building developer facing products and services
• Experience building frameworks for creating applications on various platforms
• Experience with speech and language understanding systems
• Innate sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Tags: Amazon Alexa, Alexa, Amazon Echo, Echo, Java, C++, object oriented, Rails, Linux, machine learning, ML, large scale distributed systems, virtualization, high availability, speech and language understanding, NLU, ASR, NLP, Amazon Software Development Engineer, SDE, Sr. SDE, Senior SDE, Seattle Engineer, Software Engineer, Sr. Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Sr. Software Development Engineer, Senior Software Development Engineer, Software Development Engineer, Sr. Software Developer, Senior Software Developer, Software Developer, developer tools, Alexa AI, Natural Language Understanding, Artificial Intelligence
Back to top