Sr.. Software Development Engineer, Alexa AI
- Sunnyvale, CA
If your idea of fun is taking on the challenge of building the next generation of AI-driven capabilities that break new ground for conversational AI, we should talk!
Our mission is to push the envelope in conversational AI - automatic speech recognition (ASR), natural language understanding (NLU), dialog systems, machine learning - to provide the best possible customer experience.
This team is within Alexa AI which is a hybrid science and engineering team. You will partner with scientists and platform engineers to help bringing those new Conversational AI capabilities to Alexa.
Our engineers are self-motivated and customer-focused individuals with good instincts for developing software services with forward looking APIs. These skills help us define the leading edge for elegant, super-scalable services for Alexa. The ideal candidate will have strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience. The person should have a sound understanding of the fundamentals of computer science and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems using C++/Java in a Linux/Unix environment. An ideal candidate should enjoy working on complex system software, be customer-centric, and feel passionate not only about building great software but about making that software achieve its goals as an owner of one of Amazon's flagship services.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years of industry experience
• Programming experience in one or more object-oriented languages like Java/Python/C#/Ruby/Objective C/C++
• Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Development experience in a Unix/Linux environment
• Experience designing, building, deploying, operating, scaling, and evolving distributed systems
• MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience with Machine Learning
• Experience with Natural Language Understanding or Speech systems
- Experience with Alexa Skills development.
• Experience building frameworks for creating applications on various platforms
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top