Sr Software Development Engineer, Alexa AI
- Sunnyvale, CA
Alexa Speech is building the future of voice enabled interactions for our customers not only in Echo family, but also in 3rd party devices and applications. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains, so we are inventing the future.
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE) to work on evaluation and data generation for Alexa's Speech Recognition. Your duties will include building a deep understanding of the team's software, identifying areas for improvement, and working hands-on to implement those improvements. You will provide technical leadership and review technical designs. You will be expected to think big, generating and proving ideas that will accelerate the team's efficiency and deliverables, resulting in an improved experience for Alexa users.
You'll measure your success by the quality of your execution, the pace of innovation you help drive, and the increased satisfaction you deliver. You'll write a lot of code, but you'll also mentor engineers around you and do whatever needs to be done for the team and product initiative to succeed. This role is highly visible and impacting, across Alexa Speech.
• Dive deep with multiple software teams on a flexible basis, depending on the current needs of the organization
• Identify and implement improvements to software efficiency, cost, maintainability, and quality
• Be a technical leader for key projects. Mentor less experienced engineers
• Create detailed design of software components
• Contribute towards leveling up the organization around you through code reviews, design reviews, and engineering best practices
• Own responsibility for the quality of the features you ship
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years of industry experience
• Strong programming skills in at least one major language (e.g., C++, Java, Python, etc.)
• Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in Computer Science or a related technical field
• Strong sense of ownership, customer obsession, and drive
• Experience developing machine learning software and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
• Experience in data modeling and analysis, especially with distinctive data sources
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Prior domain knowledge in Machine Learning, ASR, and NLU is preferred
• Strong verbal/written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top