Sr. Software Development Engineer - Alexa
- Ottawa, Canada
The Alexa Shopping team is changing the way you shop. We are building an advanced audio visual experience using AI to help you discover, buy and use products without lifting a finger!
Our group is seeking talented and experienced engineers to design and develop voice shopping experiences and algorithms in Seattle. In this team, you will be presented with a unique combination of challenges involved with enabling the end to end customer experience which involves speech recognition, NLU, search, recommendations and purchasing globally. You'll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers.
You will have an impact on Amazon's new devices and the way technology is used daily within your own home. You will also have the satisfaction of changing the future of everyday life.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define the product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 7+ years of experience building production software systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software with distributed systems, with a service based approach.
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
• Experience developing cloud software services designed for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical partners
• Experience with machine learning and big data technologies (Spark, EMR)
• Experience building developer facing products and services
• Experience with speech and language understanding systems
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top