Sr Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Interested in Amazon Alexa? We are looking for passionate and talented Software Development Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, scalable applications that customers love. As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the design, implementation, and launch of Alexa Excellence operations tools. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define the product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product. This role involves full stack development.
We need creative, collaborative developers who love working with multiple technologies on a small, fast-moving, diverse application engineering team who are dedicated to making Alexa developers' lives easier by building tools to automate infrastructure management. We build both fast, highly available services and clean, easy-to-use web interfaces, and we operate what we build. If you're interested in leading the charge in solving problems, building systems that scale and want a new challenge that will improve the lives of developers in Alexa and beyond, this is the right role for you.
You are going to love this job, because you will:
• Provide technical leadership for other SDEs
• Play a lead role in influencing technical architecture and design of distributed systems
• Own the entire software lifecycle, from system design to implementation, release, operation, and continuous, iterative improvement
• Work on every layer of the full system stack, from interaction with core AWS services to API design and implementation, to designing and building user interfaces to delight our customers
• Interface with internal customers throughout Alexa as well as major system owners at Amazon to drive integrations for new products, new features, and new capabilities
• Enjoy very low on call work
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience with running customer facing, cloud-based, production software system
• Experience with AWS products, especially VPC EC2, DDB, Lambda, SNS, Redshift, Sagemaker, and Fargate
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical partners
• Experience building developer facing products and services
• Experience with speech and language understanding systems
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top