Sr. Software Development Engineer
- New York, NY
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to build massively scalable systems that are used by the world's largest cloud infrastructures? AWS continues to pioneer and our team is architecting, building and operating scalable services that are utilizing big data, machine learning and data mining to create the world's largest internet of things.
Our developers own the projects that set the bar for Amazon and the industry in platform level service, effectively enabling the hardware at scale by writing the software that manages every single host. In this role you will be building the next generation of platform level software while being challenged to understand server hardware at the bare metal level. You will also be mentoring other engineers and communicating real time with AWS customer product groups like EC2, S3, Dynamo, EBS and others. As a team, our culture is both fun and committed to operational excellence while offering a realistic work-life balance and exposure to some of the brightest minds in the industry.
A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise and the ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company. They will be passionate about delivering solid code that has a direct impact on our customers - Netflix to Nasa.
AWS provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage and other services, gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud, has over 400,000 third party developers writing applications for the platform and is currently used by leading companies globally.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well with peers across multiple disciplines and job duties
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• 6+ years of experience developing software in at least one of: Python, Ruby, Perl, and/or Java
• Experience with distributed systems architecture and related technologies.
• Experience with large scale systems.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.
Back to top