Amazon CloudFront is a content delivery that securely delivers data, videos, applications, and APIs to customers globally with low latency, high transfer speeds, all within a developer-friendly environment. Our customers use CloudFront for fast and secure delivery of web/application content, on-demand video/music streaming, and live events streaming. Our team writes software which works flawlessly for millions of transactions every second and Exabytes of data transfer. Throughout everything we do, there's a core focus to be operationally indistinguishable from perfect. Our mission is to build and operate a better and secure Internet.
We are looking for experienced Senior Software Development Engineers to join our team to build critical service components related to capacity automation and management along with very high impact customer facing capabilities.
Responsibilities will include all aspects of the service experience: designing and building the software, managing its operations, and delivering on customer performance and scale expectations.
If you are interested in living every day at the forefront of extreme scale and cutting edge technologies, you will enjoy Amazon CloudFront!
Read more about the services our team delivers for customers:
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and analysis
• Solid understanding of distributed, scalable systems
• Web services design and implementation experience
• Expert skill in one modern programming language such as C, C++, or Java, and proficiency with one other programming language
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch
• Thorough understanding of Internet protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP, and UDP
• Experience implementing servers in a Linux environment
• Excellent communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age