Do you want take ownership on projects utilizing cutting edge technology, solve new problems that didn't exist before, and have the ability to see the impact of your work?
Amazon is growing, and we need Sr. Software Development Engineer (Sr. SDE) who is capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done! Sr. SDE at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale. They own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology which impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world.
As an experienced Sr. SDE, you will help drive the global expansion of our applications and services, with a significant opportunity to define a Selling Partner facing Amazon platform. Because you take pride in setting the standard for engineering excellence, you are a hands-on, pragmatic problem solver that easily balances trade-offs between competing interests. You thrive in a fast-moving team environment where you are able to juggle complex dependencies and requirements while producing optimal solutions. Ambiguity and creativity are both expected and the norm
This unique opportunity puts you in the driver's seat to improve the efficiency and grow the business for over 4 million Selling Partners that help to directly impact the top and bottom line for both the Selling Partners and Amazon. Imagine
Driving initiatives that have direct impact on 4 million Sellers worldwide?
Working with an empowered team of people in an environment that exudes customer obsession with every keystroke, every interaction?
Working closely with your clients to create fly-wheel effect for Selling Partners?
Networking with virtually every Tech team within Selling Partner Services as well as many outside of the team to solve collaborative problems?
We are looking for a leader to join us in our journey to help selling partners to grow their business on the largest retail platform on Earth. Hope you will join us!
• Responsible for the end-to-end design, development, test, implementation of large complex problems including planning, risk and issue management, trade-offs and execution.
• Create, maintain and disseminate service/application information to stakeholders.
• Effectively cooperate with customers, technical staff and leaders, business leaders and executives in different geographical locations to define and deliver complex features.
• Ability to make sense of ambiguity, define and plan solutions to complex problems in a fast paced and highly-technical organization, and secure buy in from internal and external stakeholders.
• Mentor the engineers and help grooming new hires to grow to next level
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 7+ years of Software Development experience; 4+ years of experience in building highly complex and scalable systems.
• Effectively manage cross functional projects, dependencies and bottlenecks, provide escalations management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, balance the business need versus technical constraints and minimize business benefit while building great customer experience
• Strong problem solving skills: Experience using problem solving and analytical skills to solve business problems and drive process improvements
• Serve as a bridge between business need and technical implementation
• Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
• Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Computer Science fundamentals and practical experience in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals and practical experience in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals and practical experience in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C# or C++
• Bachelor's Degree or above in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience with distributed computing, big-data computing and enterprise systems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle
• Track record of being detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to selfmotivate and follow through on projects
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets.
• Experience with AWS services EC2, Kinesis, SQS, API Gateway, Cloudwatch, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, etc, or other cloud compute-based services and platforms.
• MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field