We are constantly making Alexa the best voice assistant in the world.
The Alexa Skills team is hiring talented and experienced Sr. software engineer to help building the next generation products for Alexa across multiple channels and domains.
You will be joining a new and growing team doing innovative work, making a direct impact to customers, showing measurable success, and building with the latest natural language processing systems.
If you are holding out for an opportunity to:
• Work with large scale, fault tolerant services
• Make a huge impact as an individual and a lead
• Be part of a team of smart and passionate professionals who will challenge you to grow every day
• Solve difficult challenges using your expertise in coding elegant and practical solutions
• Create applications at a massive scale used by millions of people
And you are experienced with...
• Writing highly efficient, testable, quality code written with Java, C++, or C# (or another excellent modern language)
• Application scaling, resiliency, availability, and failover
• Researching implementations to find the best possible experience for a customer
• Taking ownership and doing whatever it takes to get the job done
And you constantly look for opportunities to...
• Innovate, simplify, reduce waste, and increase efficiencies
• Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions
• Automate processes otherwise performed by humans
• Learn from others and help grow those around you
...then we would love to chat!
In 2021, we have the opportunity to build new products and features from the ground up and we are looking for strong, bias for action engineering leaders who are not afraid of taking bold bets and trying new things to improve customer experience for Alexa.
• 5+ years professional experience in software development.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# (or any other excellent modern languages).
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of large-scale, fault-tolerant distributed systems.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Willingness to own and lead all stages of development process: design, testing, implementation, and operational support.
• Proven ability to mentor and grow others.
• Communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Extensive experience working with cloud architecture supporting large-scale systems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us/.