Are you interested in working for earth's most customer centric company? Would you like the opportunity and freedom to build amazing, responsive full-stack applications for your customers? The Employee Services Technology team is looking for a highly-motivated, talented Software Development Engineer to help drive the team's strategy and delivery of custom applications. Our team has a highly collaborative, fast moving, and fun culture with a combined engineering and DevOps mentality. As a member of the team you will influence our overall strategy by defining product features, design the system architecture, and promote the best practices that enable a quality product. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the employee experience with products used every day by you, your team and your colleagues.
At Amazon's Employee Services Technology (ES Tech) team, we are building and onboarding exciting new products on Amazon AWS, integrating with Salesforce, Mulesoft, Informatica, Adobe, Hyland OnBase and many other native Amazon platforms across the globe. Our team operates on a HR technology platform that is among the largest in the world by volume, geographical coverage and complexity. We develop new solutions, maintain and improve existing ones to support the overall self-service strategy and user experience for our candidates and employees.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business processes. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-motivated, can deliver high quality results in an agile environment.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving and complexity analysis
• Experience using source control (e.g. GIT) and CI/CD/DevOps
• Experience with agile development
• Proficient in AWS
• Professional experience with Java, Python and Ruby programming languages
• Experience with Mulesoft, Adobe, OnBase, Informatica, and Salesforce
• Knowledge of engineering practices and standards for the full development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience influencing engineering best practices within your team
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe product , and technical designs
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems
• Experience mentoring junior engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.