Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Austin, TX
Product Assurance, Risk & Security (PARS) team within Amazon ensures the safest shopping environment for our customers. We are constantly innovating in the ways we can automate and accelerate the safety and compliance systems at Amazon.
With the scale and growth of Amazon, the PARS team is beginning to do extraordinary work to protect our customers, business partners, transportation systems and environment. Our research and technology teams are able to keep illegal, dangerous and recalled products out of the reach of customers. We are working towards reducing the carbon footprint and being socially responsible at a global level. We use Large Scale Distributed Processing, OO technologies, Big Data, IoT, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Risk Modeling to solve the some of the most complex problems to protect and delight our customers.
Our team is looking for top-notch software developers who love listening to our customers, working as a team, and proactively taking the lead whenever necessary. Our mission is to innovate and build scalable and robust software solutions that deliver a great customer experience. These software solutions will directly impact Amazon's customers from product selection and order placement, to delivering products to our customers as quickly and cost effectively as possible.
What you'll do?
• Participate in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services in support of our fulfillment operations and the businesses they support.
• Participate in the definition of secure, scalable, and low-latency services and efficient physical processes.
• Work with cross-functional teams delivering on demanding projects.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
• Share knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline.
• 4+ years of software development experience.
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C++, C#, Java, or Python.
• Object Oriented Design and familiarity with application and database programming under UNIX/Linux.
• Experience with Agile/Lean (Kanban, SCRUM), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware, database and data mining systems.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• A high degree of pragmatism in building the simplest thing that does the job; we want to use technology to solve real-world problems expediently, not indulge in over-designed, unnecessarily intricate software architecture.
• A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done.
• A good understanding of SDLC models and a track record of shipping software efficiently. You recognize the difference between building software and shipping software.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions.
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
Back to top