Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Bellevue, WA
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you. Amazon's transportation systems get millions of packages to customers worldwide faster and cheaper while providing world class customer experience from checkout to shipment tracking to delivery. Our software systems include services that handle thousands or requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve experience for millions of online shoppers. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, delivery models and customer experience, increasingly complex transportation network, ever expanding selection of products and growing number of shipments worldwide, we have an opportunity to build software that scales the business, leads the industry through innovation and delights millions of customers worldwide.
As a Senior SDE in Last Mile, you will be responsible for owning the architecture and design for our real-time anomaly detection and resolution platform that allows for early detection of failures in our logistics network and timely resolution to uphold customer delivery promises.
Senior Engineers provide technical leadership at Amazon. They help establish technical standards and drive Amazon's overall technical architecture, engineering practices, and methodologies. They work on our hard problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs. They think globally when building systems, ensuring Amazon builds high performing, scalable systems that work well together. Senior engineers are pragmatic visionaries who can translate business needs into workable technology solutions. Their expertise is deep and broad. They are hands on, producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Java, C++, or equivalent object-oriented programming language.
• Exceptional problem solving and analytical abilities.
• Understanding of algorithmic design and complexity analysis.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
• High sense of ownership, self-motivation, and desire to delight customers.
• In-depth knowledge of CS data structures and algorithms
• Experience with building services with frameworks using AWS infrastructure
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
• Graduate degree (MS/PhD) a plus
• Demonstrated ability to mentor team members as well as build relationships with business and technical leadership
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Back to top